- Project List
- CISM (Critical Incident Stress Management) Training / Certification by ICISF (International Critical Incident Stress Foundation)
CISM (Critical Incident Stress Management) Training / Certification by ICISF (International Critical Incident Stress Foundation)
Date & Time:
Monday, July 13, 2020
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
0 have signed up & 15 openings remain.
Love Anaheim Leadership Team
THIS IS A TENTATIVE DATE - WILL BE LATE JUNE OR JULY (POSSIBLY)
- ICISF (International Critical Incident Stress Foundation) is offering its GRIN (GRoup and INdividual) course - Monday - Wednesday July 13-15 from 8 am - 5 pm. Three - 8 hour days total - ALL 3 DAYS ARE REQUIRED.
- This 3-day course combines ALL of the content of the International Critical Incident Stress Foundation’s (ICISF), Assisting Individuals in Crisis & Group Crisis Intervention courses. MORE course description below...
- San Antonio De Padua Catholic Church
- 5800 E Santa Ana Canyon Rd,
- Anaheim, CA 92807
HOTEL OPTION IS BELOW
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT CAN BE DONE 2 WAYS:
1. Sign up on this Love Anaheim page by clicking "Sign Me Up" AND CLICK HERE to pay. INSTRUCTIONS: click "Other" for amount and put $275.00 by April 5 OR $300 after April 5 in the box. Select "Chaplain Fund" under "designation" and then click donate. Fill in the rest of the payment form and then click "Check Out." ALSO: download the ICISF GRIN (GRoup and INdividual) REGISTRATION Document , fill out form, scan and email to email@example.com or mail to Love Anaheim 720 S. Magnolia Ave. Anaheim, CA 92804.
2. Click this link - ICPC BASIC TRAINING REGISTRATION DOCUMENT and follow the directions on form.
Group Rates for ICPC - $99 King or $109 2 Queens (price excludes tax), Free breakfast and internet. CLICK HERE for Hotel Info and special price.
- Fairfield Inn By Marriott Anaheim HIlls Orange County
- 201 N Via Cortez,
- Anaheim Hills, CA 92807
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
MORE ON GRIN DESCRIPTION:
Crisis Intervention is NOT psychotherapy; rather, it is a specialized acute emergency mental health intervention which requires specialized training. As physical first aid is to surgery, crisis intervention is to psychotherapy. Thus, crisis intervention is sometimes called “emotional first aid”. Designed to present the core elements of a comprehensive, systematic and multi-component crisis intervention curriculum, this course will prepare participants to understand a wide range of crisis intervention services for both the individual and for groups. Fundamentals of Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) will be outlined and participants will leave with the knowledge and tools to provide several group crisis interventions, specifically demobilizations, defusings and the Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD). The need for appropriate follow-up services and referrals when necessary will also be discussed.
This course is designed for anyone in the fields of Business & Industry Crisis Intervention, Disaster Response, Education, Emergency Services, Employee Assistance, Healthcare, Homeland Security, Mental Health, Military, Spiritual Care, and Traumatic Stress.
Program Highlights Psychological crisis and psychological crisis intervention Resistance, resiliency, recovery continuum Critical incident stress management Evidence-based practice Basic crisis communication techniques Common psychological and behavioral crisis reactions Putative and empirically-derived mechanisms SAFER-Revised model Suicide intervention Relevant research findings Large group crisis interventions, Small group crisis interventions Adverse outcome associated with crisis intervention Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD
All Participants will need to sign a medical / liability / photo waiver the day of the event...CLICK HERE to print waiver.