- Project List
- ANAHEIM HIVE Volunteer Service Day - FOOD BAG PACKING
ANAHEIM HIVE Volunteer Service Day - FOOD BAG PACKING
Date & Time:
Wednesday, December 11, 2019
10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
4 have signed up & 11 openings remain.
Love Anaheim Leadership Team
The Anaheim Community Foundation, in partnership with the Samueli Foundation, is helping to build the capacity of nonprofits serving Anaheim. “The Anaheim Hive: Where Nonprofits Thrive” is a shared space for community-based organizations to meet, work, and collaborate.
December 11, 2019, The Hive will host a Volunteer Service Day, featuring Holiday Service Projects identified by Anaheim non-profits that meet local community needs. Stop by between 10 am - 2 pm and pack some Food Bags, our goal is 50. Food Bags cost about $10 each. CLICK HERE to donate towards Food Bags. If you can acquire donations of these specific items, those are welcome too.
- Food Bag Packing (50)
Food Bags will be packed and given to Seniors who are in need; they will brighten the day of those who receive them. They are given to Seniors who have a challenging time making ends meet or have experienced a traumatic incident or event. We will be packing 50 Food Bags for distribution by a partner of Love Anaheim to local Seniors in need. The Food Bags contain:
- 2 cans of corn
- 2 cans of green beans
- 2 cans (pinto) beans
- 1 can of Spaghetti sauce
- 1 can fruit: of apple sauce, fruit cocktail or other fruit
- 1- 13 or 15 0z Box of dry breakfast cereal
- 1 pound bag / box pasta / spaghetti noodles
- 1 pound bag or box of uncooked rice (white)
- 1 pound bag or box of uncooked pinto beans (brown)
- 4 individual bars or 1 small box of granola bars or equivalent item (cliff bars, chewy bars, etc)
- 4 packets of flavored instant oatmeal
- 1 Box of Mac and Cheese
- 1 tube / package of Ritz or saltine crackers
- 1 package of Graham Crackers
CLICK HERE to see our next Food Bag Packing at Dale JH on Jan 20, 2020
CLICK HERE to see our next Food Bag Packing at South JH on Jan 20, 2020
All Participants will need to sign a medical / liability / photo waiver the day of the event... IF YOU HAVE PARTICIPATED IN A PREVIOUS 2019 LOVE ANAHEIM EVENT AND HAVE TURNED IN A WAIVER, you do not need to turn in another. 2018 WAIVERS ARE NO LONGER VALID. CLICK HERE to print waiver.