- Project List
- Better Way Anaheim PROVIDE LUNCH FOR PARTICIPANTS on THURSDAY, AUGUST 15, 2019
Better Way Anaheim PROVIDE LUNCH FOR PARTICIPANTS on THURSDAY, AUGUST 15, 2019
Date & Time:
Thursday, August 15, 2019
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
1 have signed up & 0 openings remain.
Benita Gagne Bwa, Love Anaheim Leadership Team
- This is an opportunity for established Anaheim residents to assist Better Way Anaheim to assist our Homeless Neighbors.
- THE DATE FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU TO PROVIDE LUNCH IS THURSDAY AUGUST 15, 2019.
- You will be responsible for:
- 1. Receiving information from the Better Way Anaheim / Love Anaheim Leadership to determine the details of the lunch you will be providing, and the location for dropping it off .
- 2. Ordering, paying for, picking up, and delivering the lunch to the designated location, it will most likely be
- a city park. Communicating with the Project Captain / Helper regarding lunch delivery
- 3. interacting with the Homeless Neighbor Participants as you deliver the lunch, encouraging them,
- supporting them and if you feel comfortable, staying to eat lunch with them
- 4. assisting the Project Captain and participants to clean up after lunch is over
ABOUT THE BETTER WAY ANAHEIM PROGRAM:
Better Way Anaheim is a City Of Anaheim and Love Anaheim Partnership that will conduct weekly community service outings of up to five hours each for Homeless individuals. Participants will work to clean up parks, paint trash cans or fire hydrants and work on other community projects.
Those taking part in Better Way Anaheim will work as volunteers and be provided food and gift cards worth $60 for each day of service. They’ will also have access to the Anaheim Homeless Collaborative with referrals to housing, healthcare, social services benefits, employment and other services designed to help Homeless individuals to their next step and towards ending their homelessness.
Those Homeless persons interested are encouraged to sign up on this page and will be contacted once they are signed up. Details will be communicated to participants once they are signed up.
- Each volunteer serve day will include:
- 1. 9 am - 2 pm or 10 am - 3 pm time frame
- 2. a 15-20 minute orientation:
- +Introductions to Driver and Helper (Captain)
- +Waiver signing
- +Repeating the Love Anaheim Pledge
- +A brief overview of the day layout including guidelines
- +Overview of project(s) being done
- +Restroom protocol / arrangements
- 3. a 5-10 minute break every hour
- 4. a 45-60 minute lunch provided by Faith Based Group, Business, etc, including interaction time with those
- providing lunch.
- 5. a 15 minute de-brief at days end which will include resource lists of additional services provided by the
- Anaheim Homeless Collaborative Network
- 6. Receipt of $60 gift card pack
For more information regarding this program please email email@example.com or visit BWA
Thank You, This Project is Full
All Participants will need to sign a medical / liability / photo waiver the day of the event... IF YOU HAVE PARTICIPATED IN A PREVIOUS 2019 LOVE ANAHEIM EVENT AND HAVE TURNED IN A WAIVER, you do not need to turn in another. 2018 WAIVERS ARE NO LONGER VALID. CLICK HERE to print waiver.