- Project List
- Better Way Anaheim VAN DRIVER
Better Way Anaheim VAN DRIVER
Date & Time:
Friday, February 22, 2019
8:30 AM - 2:30 PM
0 have signed up & 2 openings remain.
Benita Gagne Bwa, Love Anaheim Leadership Team
- Signing up for this opportunity will put you into consideration to become a VAN DRIVER list for Better Way Anaheim for Friday, February 22, 2019.
- We are looking for a Class B license and / or people with professional driving experience.
- *You will need to fill out a Van Driver Application
- *CLICK HERE for Volunteer Driver Application
- *We will need a copy of your California Driver's License
- VAN DRIVERS will be responsible for:
- 1. Knowing and following BWA Standard Operating Procedures for Volunteer Van Driver (CLICK HERE for SOP)
- 2. picking up Homeless Neighbor Participants and driving them to the Service Project Location
- 3. picking up lunch for the participants
- 4. taking the participants to the restroom at designated locations for restroom breaks
5. running any errands needed
- 6. assisting the Project Captain as needed
- 7. Encouraging and supporting the participants
- 8. Dropping off the participants at the end of the project to a designated location.
ABOUT THE BETTER WAY ANAHEIM PROGRAM:
Better Way Anaheim is a City Of Anaheim and Love Anaheim Partnership that will conduct weekly community service outings of up to five hours each for Homeless individuals. Participants will work to clean up parks, paint trash cans or fire hydrants and work on other community projects.
Those taking part in Better Way Anaheim will work as volunteers and be provided food and gift cards worth $55 for each day of service. They’ will also have access to the Anaheim Homeless Collaborative with referrals to housing, healthcare, social services benefits, employment and other services designed to help Homeless individuals to their next step and towards ending their homelessness.
Participants will be referred through the Anaheim Homeless Collaborative. Those interested are encouraged to sign up on this page and will be contacted once they are signed up. Pick up location will be communicated to participants once they are signed up.
- Each volunteer serve day will include:
- 1. 9 am - 2 pm or 10 am - 3 pm time frame
- 2. a 15-20 minute orientation:
- +Introductions to Driver and Helper (Captain)
- +Waiver signing
- +Repeating the Love Anaheim Pledge
- +A brief overview of the day layout including guidelines
- +Overview of project(s) being done
- +Restroom protocol / arrangements
- 3. a 5-10 minute break every hour
- 4. a 45-60 minute lunch provided by Faith Based Group, Business, etc, including interaction time with those
- providing lunch.
- 5. a 15 minute de-brief at days end which will include resource lists of additional services provided by the
- Anaheim Homeless Collaborative Network
- 6. Receipt of $60 gift card pack
For more information regarding this program please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit BWA
All Participants will need to sign a medical / liability / photo waiver the day of the event... IF YOU HAVE PARTICIPATED IN A PREVIOUS 2019 LOVE ANAHEIM EVENT AND HAVE TURNED IN A WAIVER, you do not need to turn in another. 2018 WAIVERS ARE NO LONGER VALID. CLICK HERE to print waiver.