- Project List
- Better Way Anaheim SERVICE PROJECT HELPER Opportunity
Better Way Anaheim SERVICE PROJECT HELPER Opportunity
Date & Time:
Wednesday, January 23, 2019
9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
0 have signed up & 2 openings remain.
Benita Gagne Bwa, Love Anaheim Leadership Team
- This is an opportunity for members of the community who are not housing challenged to help those that are homeless or in transitional housing.
- Signing up for this opportunity will put you into consideration for a position as a SERVICE PROJECT HELPER for BETTER WAY ANAHEIM, for Wednesday, January 23, 2019.
- *You will need to fill out a Helper Application
- *CLICK HERE for Volunteer Helper Application
- *You will need to agree to the Helper Standard Operating Procedures (link coming soon)
- As a SERVICE PROJECT HELPER, you will be responsible for:
- 1. working with the Better Way Anaheim / Love Anaheim Leadership to gain knowledge of the project(s)
- 2. loading supplies in the Better Way Anaheim van and assisting the driver to the pick-up location
- 3. leading the orientation with the Homeless Neighbor Participants prior to the project beginning
- 4. leading the Homeless Neighbor Participants in the Service Project selected - encouraging them,
- supporting them and supervising them to complete the project
- 5. communicating with the driver who will take participants to the restroom at designated locations for
- restroom breaks
6. making any decisions in order to allow the Service Project to run smoothly
- 7. assisting the driver as needed
- 9. assisting the driver in dropping off the participants at the end of the project to a designated location.
ABOUT THE BETTER WAY ANAHEIM PROGRAM:
Better Way Anaheim is a City Of Anaheim and Love Anaheim Partnership that will conduct weekly community service outings of up to five hours each for Homeless individuals. Participants will work to clean up parks, paint trash cans or fire hydrants and work on other community projects.
Those taking part in Better Way Anaheim will work as volunteers and be provided food and gift cards worth $60 for each day of service. They’ will also have access to the Anaheim Homeless Collaborative with referrals to housing, healthcare, social services benefits, employment and other services designed to help Homeless individuals to their next step and towards ending their homelessness.
Participants will be referred through the Anaheim Homeless Collaborative. Those interested are encouraged to sign up on this page and will be contacted once they are signed up. Pick up location will be communicated to participants once they are signed up.
- Each volunteer serve day will include:
- 1. 9 am - 2 pm or 10 am - 3 pm time frame
- 2. a 15-20 minute orientation:
- +Introductions to Driver and Helper (Captain)
- +Waiver signing
- +Repeating the Love Anaheim Pledge
- +A brief overview of the day layout including guidelines
- +Overview of project(s) being done
- +Restroom protocol / arrangements
- 3. a 5-10 minute break every hour
- 4. a 45-60 minute lunch provided by Faith Based Group, Business, etc, including interaction time with those
- providing lunch.
- 5. a 15 minute de-brief at days end which will include resource lists of additional services provided by the
- Anaheim Homeless Collaborative Network
- 6. Receipt of $60 gift card pack
For more information regarding this program please email email@example.com or visit BWA
All Participants will need to sign a medical / liability / photo waiver the day of the event... IF YOU HAVE PARTICIPATED IN A PREVIOUS 2018 LOVE ANAHEIM EVENT AND HAVE TURNED IN A WAIVER, you do not need to turn in another. 2017 WAIVERS ARE NO LONGER VALID. CLICK HERE to print waiver.