GivingTuesday is a Global Generosity Movement unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the world.
Love Anaheim is partnering with #GivingTuesdayNow, a Global Day of Unity to take place on May 5, 2020, as a response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19.
Here are the special projects being sponsored by Love Anaheim:
- Write cards or donate towards a baby shower for a new mom at one of our Anaheim homeless shelters
- Write encouragement cards for our firefighters
- Write encouragement cards for our medial workers and seniors
- Write encouragement cards for our police officers
- Write encouragement cards for your neighbors and local businesses
All instructions and details for these projects can be found on our WEBSITE under Giving Tuesday.
1. Take a short walk in your complex, neighborhood, or place of work - smile and say hi to people, or simply smile and wave.
2. Text, email or call a family member, friend, neighbor or co-worker, telling them something encouraging - make them feel valued.
3. Print out and write or make a card to someone nearby (see ideas on www.loveanaheim.org/communityservice ). Give it to them or send it to them by text or email.
4. Write a few "old school" cards and send them "snail mail" to family, friends, co-workers, neighbors.
5. Go to a fast food take out or drive through and pay for someone's order.
6. Make an encouraging sign (be creative) and show it to people throughout your day.
7. Post something on social media that will encourage people.
8. Give a family member, neighbor, friend, or co-worker gift: food item, fruit, a craft you made, gift card to Starbucks, etc - be creative.
9. Complement your boss, supervisor, co-workers or those you encounter as you go through your day.
10. Go to a local business that is open at this time for the sole purpose to encourage them in some way - be creative.
Lastly, please consider donating to Love Anaheim - DONATE . We are asking for people to give to some specific areas on Giving Tuesday or to our GROWTH FUND which are areas we have committed to empowering and providing dignity to all people we come into contact with!